The staff of the Grandfamilies State Law and Policy Resource Center offers a variety of free technical assistance to states including:
For More Information:
- Recommendations for how your state can implement the kinship provisions of the Fostering Connections to Success and Increasing Adoptions Act of 2008 (Fostering Connections Act.)
- Checklists and tips for your state on a variety of issues, such as kinship navigator and guardianship assistance.
- We can also prepare testimony for legislative committees and present at informal briefings for state policymakers and/or advocates.
- Outreach and education to family and juvenile courts on the legal aspects of kinship care, including tip sheets on how to effectively implement kinship policies tailored for your state's judges and attorneys.
- A summary of newly released Federal RFP for Family Connection and Kinship Navigators Grants.
- Assistance to state and/or nonprofits on how to apply for and help with programs funded by these grants.
- Kinship care training or consultation with court personnel, child welfare agency staff, attorneys, and others involved in the child welfare system.
- An analysis of your state’s current kinship laws, policies, and regulations on a kinship topic, such as those listed on the left.
Contact us to find out what we can do for you.
Heidi Redlich Epstein, JD, MSW
ABA Center on Children and the Law
Ana Beltran, JD